Included here are all race details so you are prepared to race Saturday, September 25. We have a lot of new skaters from all over the world skating the race this year and we are thrilled to see everyone for some great competition!
Please read this page fully to be prepared at the time of your race.
GETTING THERE / PARKING
START/FINISH LINE: The address is 108 East Drive, Brooklyn, NY 11225.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/GbQUDQZpd4F2
ENTER THE PARK: Enter the park through Lincoln Road and walk toward East Drive until you see race tents.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/xxTQXXAY4XS2
PARKING: You can park along Ocean Avenue if you can find a spot. However, you will find more space for parking along Flatbush Avenue, north of Lincoln Road. Please refer to the fist map on this page to see the legal parking area.
– READ ALL POSTED SIGNS AND MAKE SURE YOU PARK LEGALLY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TOWED VEHICLES, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO PARK LEGALLY.
– PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES VISIBLE OR IN THE CAR AT ALL.
PACKET PICKUP AND REGISTRATION
Booth will open at 5:00 AM to pick up your packet. Same-day registration will also be available. Registration closes at 6:45 AM and event start will go as planned at 7:00 AM sharp. Please arrive early and plan accordingly. We recommend arriving by 6:00 AM to give you time to park, pick up your bib or register, and lace up your skates.
Secure your race number which should be pinned to your right hip. You will also receive a timing chip. Please do not forget the timing chip, as this is the only way for us to know your finish time and be able to place you among other race participants. No changes to race category will be allowed on race day.
START TIME & START PACE
- Race will start promptly at 7:00AM, all waves to the start at once.
- ALL 100K and Advanced Marathon skaters: please create a moderate start pace for the first half of a lap, 1.5-2 miles. This will allow us to have a safe, enjoyable start, and give an opportunity to skaters to take photos. After that, the race is on!
- You must count your laps during the race. Each lap around Prospect Park is about 3.36 miles long.
- 100K: 19 laps
- Marathon: 8 laps
- 1/2 Marathon: 4 laps
- 5K: 1 lap
Major race sponsor Junk Wheels will offer 50% discount on wheel purchases made during the event. For information about our major sponsor, please visit
Other skate sponsor merchandise will also be at 50% off during the event, including Junk Bearings, Junk Skates and more.
RACE COURSE SAFETY
Please obey all safety guidelines outlined below, as well as all park rules and regulations. Failure to comply will result in immediate race disqualification. No exceptions whatsoever. Course marshals will be monitoring the race course and ensuring everyone follows the rules.
- Helmets and wrist guards must be worn by all skaters at all times.
- Skate on the race course only. Refrain from entering the walkers/joggers lane at any time. We are fortunate to enjoy NYC Parks allowing us to use the park. DO NOT enter the joggers’ lane at any time so we can keep enjoying our privileges.
- Slower skaters and quad skaters, stay to the right of the course at all times to allow faster pace lines to pass on the left.
- No headphones allowed. Headphones prevent awareness and hearing safety calls.
- There is a 4-hour time limit to complete the race. This requirement is in order for the event to secure a permit with the parks department. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A CLOSED COURSE. PLEASE BE AWARE AND MINDFUL OF ALL PARK GOERS*
SCORING AND AWARDS
Every time you pass the Start/Finish Line, the transponder will record your lap time, and ultimately the time of the entire race. The timing chip will determine your placement against all other skaters. This is a great new feature to ensure timing accuracy, speed up the awards ceremony, and you will be able to see your results online shortly after the event. PLEASE RETURN THE TIMING CHIPS to the race organizers after you have completed your race.
Celebrate your Finish! Stay with us after the race for the awards ceremony to see yourself or your friends and fellow skaters on the podium.The top 3 placements will be determined for each race.
Results will be posted online shortly after the race. Because we are using timing chips this year, results will be more accurate and will appear online very soon. Please also visit our Facebook page for post-race results, photos, etc.
EVENT HASHTAG AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Share the fun with us by using #NYCSkateMarathon #GoSkate & #SkateLife hashtags in all your social media posts.
Instagram: Find us at @nycskate
Twitter: Find us @skatemarathon
Instagram: Find us @NYCSkate
Any questions about the race? Please do not hesitate to reach the race organizer, Francisco Ramirez at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 201-970-8321.